Did you know Leisure Sickness is a newly defined word, according to Webster’s New World Dictionary? It’s a symptom of a person that can relax during weekends or on vacation.
Wow, this is a sad state and one the tourism industry should be taking advantage of in a big way. Maybe hotels could offer Leisure sickness classes tailoring the guest experience using a step off program:
- Turn in all wireless electronics
- Suggest at least two spa treatments a day for the first 2 days
- Suggest eating with their family daily
- Suggest a kid-day, with a kid perferably
- Suggest a volunteer opportunity (ok it’s a bit like work but…)
In a word, this is just sick! Relaxing in this day and age is getting harder and harder, spa professionals take note!